Monday, October 4, 2010

Course Evaluation


This course has been very interesting and relaxed. The course in itself is a true example of how much easier technology allows us to do things. I found it easy in terms of accessing weekly tasks and lectures. In some ways this is good, in others bad.

Positive feed back
Easily accessible on our blogs
interesting lectures that are relevant to our generation,
fun
helpful advise from tutors, good class discussions were very helpful in understanding tasks
the course encourages us to not be afraid of technology
It is easily adaptable and laid back

Negative feed back
Although the blog allows us to put our work into practice in a 'virtual community', i found it hard to take my work seriously by knowing it is for a blog, whereas a Word document is a more academic layout that i am used to.
Because the course is so relaxed, i felt i didn't really know the extension of research we were supposed to put into our posts. It also made it difficult to know when to stop as technology is so broad.


I feel i have not given my best in this class as I found it very hard to get into new terminology –such as cyberpunk– because I am very restricted in what i research and what i believe. I do have a much more wider outlook on technology and have become a lot more accepting of it and the culture of the online world.I do believe however, that i have learned a lot from this course in terms of understanding the web from behind the scenes for example, learning about internet filters i found very interesting as i do worry about facebook and other sites containing my information and how they will effect me in later years. It has taught me about our culture and how it is widely influenced by technology. Also the history of technology was also interesting, old inventions that were the root of a blossoming garden of new idea's.
What would we be without technology. So much has changed so quickly. The rapid growth of its existence never phases to impress me. When will it stop? If ever!

Time seems to be a large issue in this generation. So many days pass by when i think i don't know how i can keep up with it all. There are so many songs to download and listen too- i want them all. So many movies to catch up on, series shows take ages to watch and theres so many i still havn't seen, constant facebook checks incase somethings changed, update my blog, read new books, magazines, scripts. So many programs to download, games to play, people to meet, blogs to read, unanswered questions to be researched. When does it stop?! I need at least a year to catch up on every type of technology and communication tools.

But it won't stop. As we speak more and more movies, songs, programs and everything else are being produced. People like me are studying to do the exact same thing. To add to the industry. Its all we know and all were focused on. It is the future but also the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment